Week 4 was one of my slower weeks. Although this week I added more chunk of knowledge to the precious tasks that I have completed. This week I got to complete redlines one two different projects. Both of these projects were in the later stages so it was interesting to make changes to 80% CDs. Both of the projects were in the higher education studio so it was interesting to see what other colleges were doing to update their own campus.
One campus was creating a new recreation/ dorm building. I was able to apply materials to the exterior of the building as well as create pattern and texture with materials within the available budget. I have learned that one of the biggest tasks within education is staying within the budget. As designers we like to reach for the stars when it comes to the products we use. The education sector really helps to actually think creatively with how you make the most of the smaller budget available.
I was able to use a lot of the skills this week that I learned in BCSIA while I was editing the redlines. I remember in class the “new host” button was my savior while remodeling the kitchen and moving appliances around. This button again was my savior for both of the projects.
I am starting to also become more comfortable with everyone in the office. This week lots of treats were brought in so I believe that everyone was on a constant sugar rush all week, boosting the mood.